OHDSI expands into India with a new regional chapter – OHDSI India
Chennai, India | 12 Sep 2022
Global Value Web is excited to announce OHDSI’s newest regional chapter – the OHDSI India Chapter. Founded by GVW and JSS AHER on September 9, 2022, this chapter was established to address the various healthcare needs of India by generating Real world evidence leveraging real world data.
The Chapter will endorse OHDSI’s mission, vision, and values and work towards promoting better health decisions and better care.
OHDSI India aims to collaborate with hospitals, medical universities, and key healthcare stakeholders to:
- Promote open science to generate new avenues in India
- Establish consistent methodologies and best practices for data protection
- Expand awareness of RWD & RWE in India
- Expand access to patient data in India and standardize to OMOP standards
- Conduct observational studies across multiple real-world OMOP datasets
- Perform secondary research using OHDSI tools that address the healthcare needs in India